Supporting Our School
PTO Supported Initiatives
- Teacher Expenses: Teachers are given funds used for classroom supplies. This helps to offset budget cuts, which have affected teachers budgets for supplies for their students.
- Needs: Outside of day to day classroom expenses, our Needs Committee handles teacher requests for educational enhancement tools.
- Appreciation: We provide a luncheon, as well as other small tokens of our appreciation to our Teachers during Teacher appreciation week, our Secretaries during Secretaries week, and our Principal during Principal week.
- Conferences: We provide a lunch as well as snacks for our teachers during both Fall and Spring conferences.
- Time For Kids: This is a publication used in every classroom K-5th Grade. Each student receives a magazine each week, which correlates with what they have been learning.
- Grounds: In the past we have volunteered our time to pull weeds and clean up the front of school and playground areas. We also provide the bark/mulch for the Elementary school.
- Field Trips: The 4th and 5th Grade students take a Field Trip to Lansing every other year. The PTO helps to off-set the cost of the busses used for this trip, as well as some of the cost of tickets for entrance fees to the activities while in Lansing.